When I was pregnant with Willow I vividly remember packing everything plus the kitchen sink in her hospital bag. I’m not even joking, I packed nail clippers for my newborn baby! Since this is my second time around I am packing smarter! I want to bring what I will really need for the boys and that’s it! One pearl I really took home from Willow’s birth is that hospitals provide more supplies than you think. I went on hospital tours before she was born and only asked questions regarding her birth. A good tip for new Moms is to ask what supplies your hospital provides for baby before you pack your hospital bag.
When I delivered Willow the hospital provided onesies, hats, diapers, pacifiers, hand sanitizer, burp cloths and receiving blankets. Here is what I am packing for the twins in my Paper Clip Diaper Bag:
- Two premie onesies, just in case they are born with a lower birth weight. I’m hoping they are chunky and full of baby rolls so they can fit into those newborn hospital onesies.
- Swaddles that velcro or zip. These are so easy to use compared to wrapping a your new baby in the hospital blanket.I have these on my registry!
- Eco-friendly diapers. Like I said before the hospital will provide their own diapers, but they usually are to eco-friendly or organic. I love the Honest Company and Aden & Anais brands.
- Water wipes. I found these after Willow was born and really love them. Made with 99.9% water, they are natural and easy on a newborn’s skin. Find themHERE.
- Going Home Outfit. This was my favorite part for Willow! I can’t wait to pick out the boys outfits!! I’m still on the look out for the perfect outfits for them.
- Going Home Blanket for the car seats! Love these two blankets! See them HERE and HERE.
Let me know what you pack in your hospital bag for baby!! I always love getting advice from you guys!