Father’s Day is just around the corner, and I have teamed up with Crocs to bring you 5 fun activities to do with the family on Dad’s special day. Yes, you heard me right, I said Crocs! On a quick side note, they have totally revamped their shoes which are trendy, super comfortable and adorable for the kiddos. Now onto the fun! With Willow being so interactive and social these days, Aj and I have such a blast planning activities with her whenever we have down time. Since becoming parents we really cherish our free moments and love to spend time as a family. Here are some easy (because who doesn’t like simple with the little ones) fun activities to plan for your family on Father’s Day…
- Take a hike and explore a new area. Aj and I spent a day in Venice, CA at the canals. We had a great time letting Willow run around, look for fish or birds, and skip rocks. I know it sounds unexciting, but we really had a blast just taking in the scenery and sight-seeing around the area.
- Have a movie night. Rent or buy Dad’s favorite movie, and surprise him with it. Have the kiddos make all of his favorite snacks and snuggle in for the night. Aj loves animation and this is always a fun way he connects with Willow. She looks at any movie night as a big treat, and gets so excited to spend it with her Daddy.
- Watch a Sunrise Together. I know this one seems way out of left field. Aj always makes a great point. We are so tired at the end of the day with work and being parents that we never get to sit and watch a sunset. Since Willow is our alarm clock we are up so freaking early that we could catch a sunrise. So this Father’s Day we are going to walk to the beach, bring some blankets and watch the sunrise together.
- Make breakfast for dad. There may be a few egg shells in the food, and the presentation may be a little off but I think it is just the cutest thing watch Willow make food for her Dad. She get’s so amped up and tells Aj, “Daddy I’m going to make you a surprise okay”. Pancakes are on the menu for us this Father’s Day.
- Build something. Aj has a love for bird houses, as this reminds him of his own Father who would often build them. On Father’s Day we are going to all put together a bird house as a family. I also love this idea because it teaches Willow about nature at the same time.
These are just a few activities that I know Aj will love doing as a family. He is the rock of our family, and its such a beautiful thing to see the love that Willow has for him. When I see him with Willow, I often think to myself, “how did I get so lucky?” and I fall in love all over again. He is hilarious, affectionate, creative, a protector and a role model for our daughter, Here is to celebrating Father’s all over the world on their special day. How do you plan to spend your Father’s Day? Let me know in the comments below!
Photo Credit: Kate Hauschka Photography