Okay ya’ll this list took me three months to create!!! There is a lot of information below and I tried to break it down into categories for you to make it easier to navigate. As we all know there is so much baby gear on the market that it can be overwhelming. These are the items that I have tried and used for the twins. I also added in some items that are also on my wish list too! Click on the links or images below to shop any gear!!
- Crib- loved this Babyletto Hudson Convertible crib for the price point since buying 2. I feel like we will really get our money’s worth as it grows with baby
- Crib Mattress/Mattress Cover-Babyletto Pure Core Non-Toxic Crib Mattress With Dry Waterproof Cover
- Twin Co-Sleeper- Halo Bassinet Twin Sleeper. Many asked if this is too bulky, I have to agree it is big but I think it saves more space than having two bassinets next to your bed. I also love that it rotates and has a side the easily slides down.
- Changing Table/Changing Pad- honestly we used our old dresser set up with changing table from when Willow as born to help save money. I will link a similar one here from Pottery Barn.
- Changing Pad Covers-I really liked these from Copper and Pearl
- Glider or Rocking Chair-Seriouly found the coolest one from Micuna. The Magnet anchoring system allows two mini bassinets to be fixed simultaneously to the same rocking chair. Thus allowing the rocking chair to balance with two cribs at the same time.
- Noise Machine-Dohm Classic White Noise Machine which has two settings or levels of white noise. Which apparently is much better for kids than ocean waves or other sounds so it does not interrupt your baby’s sleep patterns.
- Baby Monitor-Summer Infant Panorama or Lollipop (much cuter and sleeker design that may fit the decor of your nursery better).
- Swaddling Gear: So far we found the boys like these two swaddles and they are so easy. Swaddle Me (zip up) or Swaddle Me (velcro)
- Dockatots-seriously love these!! Use them for everything!
- Willow Breast Pump-With an all-in-one design that allows you to move freely—no cords, no dangling bottles—Willow works quietly inside your bra and conveniently tracks milk volume through an app on your phone! I loved this one just for the convenience, but you can also call your insurance and see what pumps they cover for you.
- Breast feeding pillow-Twin Z Pillow, would die without this pillow. It allows you to feed both babies at once whether breast or bottle feeding. Make sure you buy a couple of covers so you can switch them out when it gets dirty.
- Bottle Warmer-I have always used this Kiinde warmer, as I also used the Kiinde breast milk storage bags. It easily heats fresh and frozen breast milk.
- Bottle Sanitizer-love this Baby Brezza sanitizer, it can be used for plastic, glass, pacifiers, etc.
- Formula Fed- This Baby Brezza Formula pro will save your life. Forget heating any bottles, it is like a Keurig for baby bottles!
- Bottles: With two babies we have tried them all. Here are some of our favorites as they have changed over the months for both Bodhi and Ranger. Como Tomo, Smilo, Dr. Brown and the current favorite MAM
- Bottle Brush-Oxo bottle brush, comes with it’s own stand. Cleans both bottle and has small brush included for cleaning nipples.
- High Chairs-We honestly have not bought these for the twins yet, but I am loving the Bloom Highchairs! They are sooo sleek, and I love that they recline. It is a total splurge, now let’s be real I bought Willow’s first highchair from IKEA.
Play Gear (I would just buy one of the items below, as you can rotate the twins through them for playing time. Unless you want two swings so they can both use them at the same time.)
- Word on the street is split, your baby will like either the Mama Roo or a regular baby Swing The boys have Mama Roos, but Willow was a swing kind of gal.
- Playmat: We got something easy that would fit both babies, like this Mat. Also this is a total splurge but love how this one looks from Lovevery
- Bouncy Seats
- Stationary Activity Center-they usually start using this around 4-6 months
- Car Seats-loved the Nuna or Britax endeavors. They have great safety ratings and super easy to install.
- Car Seat Cover- Love these so strangers can’t touch the babies by Itzy Ritzy
- Carrier-There is a twin carrier called the Weego, but when you need to divide and conquer Aj and I both have an Ergo 360. We like this can you carry the baby any way, on your chest or back.
- Stroller-we have one from Britax that the car seats click right into, and I am still on the lookout for a great everyday stroller. I would like one in which both babies can see (many of them are often blocked by the other baby seat.) This Mountain Buggy Duet is on my wishlist.
- Diaper Bag-love the Paperclip Diaper bag that has a fold out changing station built in that is anti-microbial and anti-wet. This way your baby doesn’t need to touch the gross changing tables.
All Photos by: Kate Hauschka Photography